10 Things To Never Say To a Stay-at-Home mom:
1: When the kids are older, do you think you'll get a real job?
2: How June Cleaver of you!
3: Oh, so you don't work?
4: Since you have extra time on your hands, could you whip up a few dozen brownies for the bake sale tomorrow?
5: All day with your kids? I can't even imagine.
6: I'm jealous, I wish my husband were rich so I wouldn't have to work either.
7: What do you do all day, anyway?
8: I'm sure you're not the only one who's ever wasted money on a college degree.
9: That explains why your son is so clingy!
10: Weird. I assumed your house would be super clean.
This cracks me up because it's so true!! Being a stay at home mom is not always the easy relaxed life that people think it is. It's a lot of work. Unlike a full time 9-5 job, our work never ends, we don't get to clock out and go home at the end of the day. In fact, the end of the day is our "busy season" because that's when dinner needs made, baths need to happen, teeth need brushed, and kids need to go to bed. Which, at least in my house, bedtime is a NIGHTMARE! It's like a BIG SURPRISE to everybody that everynight they have to put on pajamas and go to BED! If we're lucky we get an hour or two of quiet time after the kiddos are asleep, just to wake up the next morning and START OVER.
Although being a stay at home mom is hard work, it's one of the most rewarding things in my life. I love that I get to be here with the kids everyday. I never have to miss their first anything. I chose to be a stay at home mom when Ambria was born, and I don't regret it. I take pride in the fact that my kids don't have to go to day care. I love that I can be here when Braydon gets home from school and am able to help him on his homework. Everyday I get to see my kids' beautiful reunion when Braydon gets home from school and they run to eachother and hug. There's no way not to get joy out of that.
So I dare someone to say one those things to this stay at home mom, haha!!


5 yOUr twO cEnTs:
I couldn't do it!!! it was exhausting to me. I loved being able to be with kyson all day but idealy i would have loved to be able to bring him to work with me.
That is awesome Shelly. I get much pride out of telling everyone what great moms my grandkids have. I love it that you can stay home with your kids. That was one thing I always wanted to do and never got to do. (Well, that and go to disneyland) :-)
LOL. Thats cute. Being a SAHM is the hardest job I've ever had. Fast food, waitressing, cleaning houses, babysitting, lifeguarding, teaching swimming lessons to 10 2-year-olds, being a nurse assistant, and then a nursing student...piece of cake compared to being a mom.
I loved reading this. I know the stress of just being a "homemaker"; with the cooking and cleaning everyday. I could not imagine how much more difficult, yet rewarding, it is to add kids to the equation. My hat goes off to all of the stay at home moms out there.
I seriously think I've had every single one of those things said to me too. It is exhausting but at least I can say I raised my child!
Post a Comment