10 years ago
Monday, August 10, 2009
What? 3rd Grade?? Already?!?!?!
Today, my little boy started THIRD grade!! Wasn't he JUST in Kindergarten??? I was able to get a few pictures of the event, however, VERY few because I was specifically told what was and wasn't allowed so as not to embarrass him this year. He has never let me forget about the first day of 2nd grade so I had very specific guidelines that I was required to stay within. First, any hugging in the car (before we enter the school) was acceptable, granted, there were no other kids looking. Second, I was to get all my "I love you's" and "I'll miss you's " out before entering the school where his friends would, in fact, be. Third, If I MUST say goodbye while he is in his classroom, there is no hugging or TOUCHING, just a goodbye and then LEAVE. And above all, do a quick check around the room to make sure no other kids were looking before attempting anything!! So here is the "on the way to school" picture......
Here he is waiting to go to the classroom. The other kids were all talking and destracted so I was allowed to take this photo.
When we got to the classroom, he went and found a seat right next to his best bud, Kaden. And proceeded to empty his backpack. Now, he WAS with me when we bought all his school supplies, but apparently paid absolutley NO attention to what I was putting in the cart, because he opened up his backpack full of the supplies and it was like Christmas morning. He was so excited and surprised at everything he pulled out of there, you'de think he'd never before seen a pencil case, or index cards.........silly kid!
I asked them to both look at me and smile for the picture and they, of course, were too cool for school so this is what I got. But, hey I guess I should just be happy with I did get, because this was, in fact, an unauthorized photo outside the designated "picture time" window. My, how kids change right before our eyes!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Call Family Blog
Welcome to our family blog. We are using this mainly as a way to keep in touch with long lost family and friends. I decided that with everyone scattered to the winds that we could stay involved this way. xoxo


7 yOUr twO cEnTs:
Oh my Jason look a like! It is so amazing how fast the kids grow. Kayla will be in first grade??? what hello? I think it is funny that at his age he is so conscious of what embarrasses him! he is so handsome and a funny kid!
Okay, I was going to say that exact thing! He is a mini-Jason! How adorable! I seriously can't believe that little toddler I saw in the mall is now this big.
So he and Kaden are in the same classroom? That is so cool. It is always fun to be in the same class with your bff. He is such a handsome boy. It is hard for me to picture him in third grade. It amazes me that Kayla and Meg are going to be in first grade. Time seems to drag forever here and then you guys post pictures and all of the sudden it feels like time is flying and I'm missing out on everything. Hope you have a great 3rd grade year Braydon. Love ya.
And by the way.....Braydon does look very cool in this picutre. :-)
I have to agree with Jenny, are you sure you took Brayden to school and not Jason? It kills me how much he looks like Jason. I can't believe he is that big already, I remember when he was just a little tyke!
I laughed the whole time reading the "rules" allowed for picture taking! I soooo remember being that way with my mom but I think I was like in High School!!!! I than made Mike come read the blog and he laughed the whole time too...Too funny!! I miss him already:(
How funny, this post was great! :) I can't believe he is in third grade either, my how time flies!! He does look alot like Jason, what a cool kid!
Post a Comment